Number 17 - me and Ellie

Finally, Ellie got her turn!!! And this was a first for so many reasons! Ellie and I went on a bus filled with Keewatin Figure Skating Club, family and friends. Even though we were with other people, Ellie and I really spent the time one on one. And just as I found with Erik and Cole, she talked and talked and I discovered new things about my growing little girl.

This trip was truly a girls trip, because it's focus was shopping and seeing "Stars on Ice"!! I am not a typical girl who loves to shop, but there are some shopping principles that I need to pass on to my daughter even if I don't love the past time like most. And it was so good that it was just her and I so that I could spend the time with her giving her a full shopping experience! I was having many flashbacks to the ways my mother and sisters shop - going through the entire sales racks, trying thing on, putting outfits together, doing complete outfits, showing how things can be mixed and matched, talking about pricing and value of buying things on sale and considerations to make when making the final decision of what comes home and what stays in the store. There were moment that were quite funny - of mother and daughter at odds, Ellie rejecting some of my selections, me telling her "no, we aren't going to buy that because _____." Though the above description doesn't sound fun (well at least not to me, but I don't like to shop), Ellie loved it, got some really cute outfits and went bouncing out of the store!

On this trip my little girl, who just got her ears pierced a few weeks before, bought her first pair of dangling earrings and her first pair of lace up shoes!! Both of these purchased were very important to her. And I did with her many of the same things that I did with Erik and Cole.

We had a great time the whole trip and I can see the beginning of some new traditions!

Comments