Number 13 - old dog learning a new trick

I have a niece who loves to knit. I have crocheted a couple of things - poorly i may add, but I have never knitted and I have always wanted to. Something about the clicking of the needles and the growing mass of beautifully knotted yarn has always facinated me.

So, when I realized that Clara and I would be on a road trip together I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for her to teach me to knit! I decided a scarf would be an achievable and easy thing for a beginner. Clara got me started and then let me go. It is fun. And I like being able to do something new that I couldn't do before. This is something you think I would have learned a long time ago - through Four-H Club, Young Women's, or somewhere. My roommate Debra could knit and crochet beautifully - but I never thought I had time for such things and was afraid to start yet another project that I wouldn't finish! :-)

Now I am about 10 inches along on a beautiful moss green scarf made of organic cotton wool. It will be lovely when it's done. I'll post a photo when I'm done!

Comments