number 12 - you could say we are both long winded.

This may be the longest converstaion i have ever had. For those of you who know me this may be hard to believe... and maybe i have had longer conversations but I don't remember them and I certainly haven't had this long of a conversation with Mike.

Very shortly after Carly's graduation, Mike, Clara and I set off to get back to Canada. We wanted to get back in time for the Keewatin Figure Skating Club's Ice Show. Ellie and Cole were in it. And Clara really wanted to get there to be in it too. It is a 18 hour car ride - without any stopping. Mike has a big diesel engine truck - it gets great gas mileage, so we hardly stopped at all! About 19 and a half hours after we left, we arrived at our destination. And except for about a half hour just before the Canadian Border we were both up and talked the whole way!! This will likely never happen again. But I have to say it was a great conversation! I won't bore you with the details, but we talked about just about every subject you can imagine!

So I know it's not a world record but talking for 16 hours straight then my little half hour nap and then talking for another 3 hours... that is up there in my record books.

Thanks Mike, for getting us home safely, in time for the Ice Show and for the conversation along the way.

Comments