number 14 - some stylin' socks

Several weeks ago I made an appointment with my new doctor. My knee has been acting weird and some new trouble with my shoulder. But when the appointment time came around my legs were swollen too - this being a week after my long car rides to and from Idaho, I really thought the swelling should have resolved.

I was pretty sure she was going to recommend I wear those compression socks on long trips, which she has. As she was turned to the computer to type things in, I muttered under my breath something about "old lady socks"! :-) Showing her sense of humour, my new doctor, who is several years younger than me, turned part way in her chair and pulled up her pant leg to show me her socks! "You wear them too?" I was stunned. She said that because she sits all day, she thinks it's a good idea. I sit most of the day too - so she and I both thought it'd be a good idea I try out the old lady socks! I thought that trying new socks is definitely a new thing!

As she was reviewing the treatment plan, one point was, "and you're going to join the club and get some socks." haha! YES I did! Pictured below are the navy blue ones! ;-)













Comments