Number 16- me and Cole

As promised Cole was the next to have his trip to Winnipeg. And he was dying to go because when Erik went Erik got a build a bear - a timber wolf actually and a jedi costume for the wolf, complete with light saber. We had some major sibling rivalry issues for a few days after Erik's trip. So it came up that I had some time off, Tillie needed to get back home and Cole needed his turn to Winnipeg.

He was so funny in the car! He talked and talked, telling me how he understood things, retelling me stories, making jokes and planning what we were going to do. He has quite the sense of humour and he is such a cuddly little guy. And just like the trip with Erik, I discovered things about him that were new. I saw how much he has matured and grown. There were still some five year old moments that required some skillful parenting, but I was glad that I could focus on just him for the teaching moment.

Before we went and throughout the trip he would say, "Are we going to do ______ just like Erik?" He wanted to be sure he had just as good of time and that we didn't skip any of the fun stuff. And he would just gush with giddiness and say, "just me and mom!" He really had a good time and it was fun to hang out with him.

Comments