We had our first day of full classes today. We had 20 minutes to think about and draw, collage or write about who we are as professionals, our history and what brought us to this point in our journey. Then we each took 15 minutes to tell our story to the group. What I learned today is that I am in a group of very smart and interesting people. They all have backgrounds and experiences I am so interested in learning more about. This exercise took the morning. We spent the afternoon learning more details about the course requirements in general and what we have to accomplish in the next 3 weeks. It's a bit overwhelming, really. Here's the list as I understand it:
- A learning plan - 15-20 pages. includes a learning narrative, my learning goals, an outline of my research proposal, a self assessment of my aptitudes - strengths and challenges and an itemized learning contract/work plan.
- A reading list - a compliation of 60-70 titles
- Critical Annotations - just 8-10 for now (much, much more later)
- a 2-3 page paper on Reflection and Learning Journals
- Keep a Reflection and Learning Journal (just for me, not to be handed in)
All of the above to be submitted the last day of class - July 24th. Yes, that's 17 days from today.
Lessons of this Day
1. It's very good to dive in
2. it's better to dive in with others - make friends
3. i need sleep, nourishment and discipline to accomplish all i have to do
4. its time to GET CRACKING!!
walked: 50 minutes + eliptical - 2.3 miles
|where i am staying|
|Where I attend class - in the room behind the roundtop window above the doors.|
|a quote from the man who the institute is named after|
|an impressive art collage made up of photos of people, depicting Moses M Coady.|