That's what I'm here for . . .

Day 3:  Got schooled by a 7 page article

I walk by this wall everyday on my way to the Coady Institute building.

Holy cow today has been a long, very hot and humid, day!  Four hours of intense reading, analyzing and summarizing.  My brain feels like I've been trying to learn a new language.  I know it will get easier, because with each reading and class I'll understand the terminology and philosophy better. When I expressed my dismay at this to a colleague and friend she said, "Yes, it's good to be challenged Lisa. That's what you are there for. To engage that big brain of yours!!"  While it's true and I'm so happy I am finally here, there are some serious brain growing pains tonight.

On the up side - we got our student I.D.s, library cards, got an orientation to the the websites for the program and the libraries, and visited both libraries.  I successfully found and checked out my first St. FX library book.  We also had an interesting discussion about power this morning in class.

Cool computer lab, with no less than 72 Macs.

Spectacular room in one of the newest buildings on campus.


LESSONS LEARNED THIS DAY.
1. Really I need more sleep, it's vital to my ability and enjoyment of my day.
2.  The Marie Michael library (in the Coady building) may be my favourite place on campus.  I could live there.
(i'll post a photo of the library later)
3. My posts are going to get shorter and shorter. :)

Walked: 40 minutes   Cardio: 30 minutes     Pages read: 7 (x2)   Finished pages written: 1/2 a page

Comments