The final stretch

Days 14-18 (Sunday July 20th - Thursday July 24th)  

It's been five days since the Foundations Institute course was completed.  I didn't blog during the stretch and last week of the institute because . . . well I was reading, writing and editing so much I wasn't seeing straight.  I couldn't imagine sitting at a computer writing any more than absolutely necessary, even as fun and light as this blog is.  Several of us started getting eye twitches from the strain.  We are all fine, but it is a rigorous and demanding course. 

I did complete all of my Foundations Institute assignments. In the end produced a 32 page document, which is just a sampling of the documents to come over the next several years.  I was halfway through re-editing the document a third time when Jerry and the kids texted that they had arrived.  It was also 9 pm and the library was closing.  So I decided to print it and email it to my advisor right then.  

I toyed with the idea of looking at it one more time that night.  There was still time to edit it again, but I decided that things like this may never be finished.  I could re-write forever. So I decided there has to be a time cut off, when the work must be abandoned.  Besides I will have many opportunities over the next few years to write and write, and write some more. 

I did take time out on a couple of occasions during that final stretch.  Here are some photos. 





Comments